Gdańsk - being in two places at once

Artus Court.
Picture taken near the Neptune's Fountain from 1617.



     Trójmiasto. You already know the basic idea of what it is and why it's called this way. Since I have already managed to tell you about one of the three cities belonging to the Trójmiasto - Sopot, the time came to tell you more about Gdańsk.
     I was never into travelling around my own country but by accident I happened to see more of it than I wished to. Luckily, I feel fortunate to have had this possibility to get to know my land. This helped me noticed that in reality before travelling around the whole wide world, I need to travel Poland.
     Gdańsk. Gdańsk surprised me in so many ways. Firstly at the beginning of September I went there just for a few hours with my band to just take a walk and some photos. I had no idea what to expect. I don't even think that I looked the city up on the internet to prepare myself what to see there, where to go, though it might seem imposible.
     I could not take my eyes off all the things that Gdańsk offered me in the first take. My eyes and my body were spinning round trying to memories this huge amount of beauty I received from this city. Unfortunately there ain't no camera that could capture this in a way I would feel satisfied. There are so many details to focus your attention on, that even the best camera would not know how to deal with it. Anyways I'll try to put some pictures in this post that at least could match my blog and give you a little sneak peak at what you can experience while visiting Gdańsk.
     As you can see in the photo on the left, which was the first one I took and I think the last one this day, the few is just breathtaking. All the red brick architecture in this Scandinavia style with some of the pastel colored buildings reminding me of Amsterdam, Netherlands. Especially when you add the waters passing through the centre of the city.
     After spending there those two hours in the astonishing Gdańsk, I decided to go back there and envjoy the view for a little longer while. I don't think it was yet enough but at least this time I filled my phone with amazing photographs.
     The main spot we wanted to see there is the "Długi Targ". The most important part of the city. The centre at which you can notice many differently coloured tenements, some made of bricks some not. Flowers in every window, street lamps again decorated with flowers, blue, pink, yellow, orange, all the colors you could ever imagine! I was in trance for the whole time i was in Gdańsk. The "Długi Targ" was leading be through the land of unimaginable beauty. I often wonder how did anybody manage to create a city so astonishing with a perfect balance of everything?! If somebody knows the answer to that question, please let me know! I beg you to let me know because i am going crazy trying to find the answer, so please let me find the peace! :P
Gdańsk Historical Museum
     As i was walking through the really long Długi Targ (eng.Long Market) together with my sisters, we were passing buildings we did not really know back then what function did they have and it is making me laugh out loud that while writing this post i am chaecking what were those plases i saw! :P Back then i just wanted to enjoy the view but with every city i visit i realize that i need to discover them with a bigger knowledge about places worth seeing in each one. Have you ever travelled ramdonly to any city without checking what is there to discover?
     Going further, you can notice one of the highest spots on the Long Market which is the Historical Museum of Gdańsk. It kinda reminds me of London's Big Ben, doesn't it? It's immensity and the great clock, fits perfectly the Big Ben style, just its funtion is a bit different. Oh, the skies that day were stunning. The sunlight and the shadows left all around! That kinds helped so that the photos you see are somewhat more intriquing! ;)
     Reaching the end of the Long Market made me feel like i was entering another city, much more skandinavian, with the Motława river running along the Old Town. Sheeps and boats and canoes being a part of the old harbour and; again reminding me of London; Gdańsk Eye. For me it seems like the three photos from above are completely ditstinct from the ones below. Like two different lands put together and separated with waters coming form the Baltic Sea. It felt like being in two places at one time. If you ever dreamt of such phenomenon, visiting Gdańsk is a must do!  If you have your TO DO LIST, write Gdańk down and make it your number one destiny! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!


Yours,
Anett Cristy Joane
xoxo

Comments

  1. Gdańsk bardzo mi się podoba. Cieszę się, że na Tobie też wywarł pozytywne wrażenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bardzo duże w dodatku 😃 Polska ma tak wiele do zaoferowania i odkrywam to każdego roku coraz bardziej!

      Delete
  2. W tym roku chyba znów go odwiedzimy, tak niejako przy okazji, ale z pewnością sympatycznie spędzimy czas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Byliśmy w styczniu, w maju wybieramy się ponownie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chyba ja również będę musiała tam wpaść ponownie 😉

      Delete
  4. Bardzo miło wspominam moje wizyty w Trójmieście :) Morze ma cudowny klimat ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nigdy bym jednak nie pomyślała, że nasze polskie morze może mieć taki cudowny klimat :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts